Maria is a skilled facilitator and workshop leader with a background in social justice who designs highly interactive and engaging sessions with clear learning objectives and meaningful content.
Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
2018 legislation governing new sexual harassment training requirements has been signed into law. These changes will affect many California employers. Here is a quick summary:
- By January 1, 2021, employers with at least five employees must provide at least two hours of sexual harassment prevention training to all supervisory employees in California and at least one hour of sexual harassment prevention training to all non-supervisory employees (the prior law only governed employers with fifty or more employees and training was only mandatory for supervisors).
- The training has to be given once every two years (or within six months of an employee assuming their position).
- Additional legislation covers bystander intervention training (which is encouraged, but not required), releases and non-disparagement agreements, new harassment standards, restrictions on confidentiality provisions, and expanded employer responsibility for nonemployee harassment. PLEASE take time to consult with your employment attorney to learn more about how these new laws impact your organization.
Maria offers one and two-hour trainings that meet the requirements of the new California law. Her sessions engage participants, provide relevant examples, and cover current developments. She is also available to custom design a workshop based on your specific needs and/or provide this training as a bi-lingual workshop in English/ Spanish.
Maria has always encouraged her clients to train both staff and supervisors on this issue, viewing it as a best practice so that everyone in the workplace is knowledgeable and skilled in identifying harassment and educated in what to do if they witness or experience harassment.
With proper training and consistently enforced policies, employees can become clear about their boundaries, understand the law, gain clarity on employer responsibilities, and know their legal and non-legal options.
Maria received her Juris Doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law, where she was the recipient of the Fordham Human Rights Award for the most outstanding contribution to the advancement of individual freedom and human dignity.
Please contact her for more information at info@MariaRamosChertok.com
Selected List of Clients:
- Kaiser Educational Theatre Programs
- San Francisco Zen Center
- Omakase Restaurant Group
- San Francisco Childcare Center
- Conard House
- Alliance Graphics
- Asian Pacific Islander Wellness Center
- East Bay Local Development Corporation
- The Greenlining Institute
- San Francisco Community Health Center
- Policy Link
- The Refuge Group Home
- Rockwood Leadership Institute